Mahi Kāinga: Week 7 – 8, due Monday 20th June.

| 10 Comments

thumbs up

ONE MORE THING

On this blog post, leave a comment telling us one or more criteria that could tell us if a piece of homework is ‘good’? Have a think about what you think ‘good’ means here. Will it be the same for everyone?

Here’s our list of homework options for this week. Remember, there must be evidence of a finished thing or what you’re in the middle of working on either on your blog, in a doc or in a hard copy to me by Monday. This could just be a blog post talking about what you’re working, screen shots, planning for a project, etc.

Student Ideas

• Make and share a video of your pet
  • Make an animation of last weeks project
  • Make/construct a project (this could be coding, building, craft, lego, animation, etc)
  • Make a movie (here’s some stop motion apps to check out)
  • Design your own sport
  • Get better at something and blog about it (see last week)
  • Find a new hobby
  • Design a apocalyptic bunker
  • Design your dream home
  • Design a car
  • Repeat the baking challenge.
  • Watch and review a movie/some movies. Create your own rating system and look at other movie reviews to get an idea for what language to use. Get some inspiration here, hereand here.

100 Word Challenge

Have a go at this weeks 100 Word Challenge. You can find the prompt here. Remember to write your piece of writing on to your blog and proof read your work before posting. Once you have written it, login to the 100WC site with the details I have emailed you and submit your writing!

Weekly Quiz

If you’d like to do the Weekly Quiz for your homework this week, see me for a handout if you’d prefer to have a hard copy

10 Comments

1. I think that a good piece of homework Is when it has good detail that makes the reader want to read it or view it. But it matters what homework you are doing. You might be doing a piece of writing, or an art project?

• I think that is a good point Gabby, sometimes we know something is good by how the audience responds to it. You’re right that it is potentially going to be different depending on what medium you’re working in, though.

2. good homework should leave the student feeling like they have achieved something, used creativity and did something that will be fun to look at and read. You should treat it likes its your class work. For example, punctuation and making sure it makes sense.

• I like how you’ve thought about it from the point of view of the person doing the homework and how they feel. I think if we’re all honest with ourselves we know when we have worked had and feel a sense of achievement and also when we don’t!

3. I think a good piece of homework has to be different to what you usually would do, and it should be something that makes you interested and to want to ask questions about it. Also, as Nico said, good homework should make the student feel like they have achieved something and be proud of their work.

4. i think that when you are pored of what you have done a you fell like it is finished you have done a good job. but also if you have spent a long or more than 20 minutes on you homework because to make good quality work you need to spend time on it.

5. I think when someone has done good homework it means they have spent time and effort doing it, but also enjoyed the topic of the homework they are doing.

6. i think its really descriptive writing its really easy to read

7. I think that good piece of homework is when you have not rushed it and taken your time with it so it is not all mixed up and people can read it 😄.

8. I think a piece of homework is something interesting and with detail, but not to long or to short. Also it needs to have a purpose and not just lots of random posts.